To ensure transparency and accuracy in all financial transactions, the following policies are mandatory for anyone spending or collecting funds on behalf of PTO events:
Each PTO-funded event will have an expense budget set and voted on by the PTO Board. Nothing above and beyond this budget will be reimbursed for any reason without prior written approval. If you are unsure of the budget for your particular event/area, please contact your Board liaison or Jennifer Leo, Treasurer at email@example.com. DO NOT INCUR ANY EXPENSES UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR BUDGET IS! If expenses exceed the approved budgeted amount, you will not be reimbursed for the difference!
Complete a Reimbursement Request form and submit to PTO Treasurer along with all original receipts. Incomplete forms or forms received without receipts will be returned.
- Reimbursement Request forms and receipts must be submitted within one month of the date of the event.
- We will do our best to reimburse within 2 weeks of receipt of the complete form and receipts.
For invoices to be paid directly to vendors, submit a Check Request form along with a copy of the invoice. Incomplete forms or forms received without an invoice will be returned.
- Check Request forms and invoices must be submitted no later than 2 weeks prior to the invoice due date.
When money is collected for a fundraiser or event, the committee chair/organizer of that event is responsible for submitting all cash and checks to the Treasurer within 3 school days of receipt of the funds and/or close of the event.
- A Deposit Notice form must be submitted with the cash/checks.
- PROCEDURES FOR COINS:
- All coins must be sorted by denomination and placed into individual plastic baggies (i.e., all quarters in one baggie; all dimes in another baggie; etc).
- Each baggie should then be labeled with the total amount inside the bag and where the funds were collected from (i.e. if the baggie contains 5 quarters, label the baggie as “$1.25 in quarters collected at ice cream social)
CASH BOX REQUESTS
Complete a Cash Box Request form no later than 2 weeks prior to the date the cash is needed.
- At the event, have an authorized volunteer verify the cash in the box before the event begins and have them sign the form.
- At the end of the event, an authorized volunteer should count the remaining cash, record it on a “Deposit Notice” form, and turn it over to the Treasurer to be deposited within 3 business days of the close of the event.
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here